Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Labour one year on

The other week I had the good fortune to be in the audience at Question time where on the panel was the very excellent communicator and debater David Miliband, sadly side-lined in the new Labour order due to the victory of his younger brother Ed in last year's party leadership election. Over a year ago I was lamenting this happening and I still maintain that had Ed backed David rather than challenged him for the top post he would almost certainly been his right hand man and the shadow cabinet that much stronger as a result...
I know this is a little obsession of mine but as a long-term Labour voter I would like to see the best team in place, and not one of the party's brightest jewels being side-lined in this lamentable way. I cannot believe that I am the only Labour voter who shares this view.

4 comments:

duopastorale said...

Two brothers in competition is an old old story...

duopastorale said...

Good to see another post by the way... any other rambles apart from politics?

Steve said...

Thanks for commenting.Very few people I know care much about politics or politicians apart from a few work colleagues.

Steve said...

Thanks for commenting.Very few people I know care much about politics or politicians apart from a few work colleagues.